The Weekend Starts Now!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's the weekend!
Yes, I know, it's only Thursday...
I know I have been raised better than this, but I'm gonna brag a little here...I have a three day weekend, EVERY WEEKEND!

One of the best decisions I have made as a mother was that after I finished up my maternity leave when I had Sofia, my first, I asked my employer to reduce my work week to a four-day instead of returning to my full time schedule.

Sure, I had to take a pay cut, but it has really helped build breathing room into my routine. I can't imagine finishing a heavy work week, running straight into the weekend. With Friday off, I can decompress from my week, get a few chores done and then really enjoy my weekend with the kids. My husband works every other weekend, and when he does, he has Fridays and Mondays off, so it also helps also that we can get at least one day together those weekends.

I can't stand the idea that I've given all my best hours of my day to work (even though I work at a fantastic place) and all I have left for my kids are fumes. It's another way to strike balance in an ever increasingly busy life...by intentionally making it UN-BUSY. Even at a financial cost.

They are only young once...I want to do all that I can to make the most of this time. Even if it's just some extra time for them to drive me nuts!

1 comment:

  1. You'll NEVER regret that decision. Keep on!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.