Still running

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'm back from my run.
Yes! My hubby and I are still at it. Exercising consistently. Okay, fine, many weeks we only get out twice a week, but that is two more times than before!

The gym is going fine although I feel like I'm hitting a rut. I think that it has more to do with not being able to go really consistently (like every other day would be ideal), so the next time I go I always wonder...what am I supposed to be doing now?

Now that the weather is oh-so-awesome, I am giving running OUTSIDE a try. It's way different than running on a treadmill (also, way more interesting) and harder on my body, which makes me feel like I get way more out of my workout than what I'm doing at the gym. What also makes it really fun is that - now that I've got my fancy fandangled iPhone - the MapMyRun app records my route and I get a report about how far I've run and how fast. And I am a sucker for STATS!

Something that I could improve on is on the nutrition side. I do feel that I'm including much healthier options, like eating salad way more often (and liking it), but I have done nearly nothing to cut out the crap that I eat also. I'd probably feel way more amazing if I did that.

Nevertheless, exercise and fitness is now permanently a part of my life. Some people say it takes 21 days, others say 66 days, to form a new habit – I've been at it since the end of December 2011, so I'm in the clear. Even my husband will say after a few days of no serious physical activity that he just has to go to the gym. And whenever he says that, I am simultaneously bewildered and proud of him. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kathy. I did try running a few weeks back, and sadly only got out once. I did love it and it felt amazing. Then I became a bit sick, etc,etc. I'm hoping to get back into it. Eating healthier options will definitely help. I've been trying to drink more water, eat more salads, eat salmon, cut down on carbs/sugars take my multivitamins. Its definitely not always easy, but even scaling back a bit is still an improvement. You already look fantastic to me :) Congrats on keeping it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.