"The Way Home" - Easter 2011

Friday, May 13, 2011

I've been absent for some time. But that always happens around Easter. Especially the Easters that my husband is involved in writing and directing some crazy production at church. Those Easters...they swallow our family whole.

This year's was awesome. Obviously, I am biased considering my husband's role in the whole shabang, but I do consider myself someone who is actually harder on those closest to me. Ask my sisters. But yes, I was going to say, that honestly for once I was extremely proud about the entire thing. There wasn't anything that made me feel like it could have been better, or make me shy away from yelling from the treetops that everyone should come and see this thing.

Here's a photo from my favourite scene.
(You can view more photos here)


Not exactly sure about how many people attended the five presentations that we put on, but I think that a really conservative estimation would be 7,000 people.

I think that all the volunteers are STILL exhausted from it. The actors were rehearsing with my husband and co-director Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Often coming home at 11 pm. That's hard. But it really, really paid off. Everyone was so excited about it and we received such amazing feedback all over the place.

Always amazing to see everyone's passion to see Jesus' story told. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.