Nike Training Club // Update

Saturday, January 22, 2011


Just look at that arm.
I want that arm...well, okay, maybe not. Just my arm's version of that arm.

I've done the Nike Training Club workouts four times now. Today, I did a new one since the first one I did I can complete the whole thing now -- to keep pushing myself. Today's was brutal. And I am still doing the beginner's level stuff. To think that I am at the bottom of the fitness totem pole! Good thing total and utter shame works as a good motivator for me. :)

I didn't exercise at all this past week 'cause I came down with a touch of stomach flu. It was hard to figure out that was what I had 'cause I didn't throw up, didn't have "loose stools"...just an uneasiness that crept into my stomach and stayed there for one whole week. G told me that it was because I was stressed. My mother told me it was because I was exhausted. I didn't feel that it was either thing even though I did throw three dinner parties in one week. I even went to the doctor and he told me that I just have a plain old stomach ache and just to stay away from stuff that would produce too much acid (caffeine, alcohol, fried and fatty foods, etc.). I did that, took Zantac...nada. Still the same crappy feeling. I only figured out what I had when my son started vomiting and couldn't keep anything down. Aha! GASTROENTERITIS!...as the ER doctor told us at 2 am. The good thing about having passed it on to him is that I knew exactly how he felt. Sensitive tummy and super sleepy. He got it over it a lot quicker than I did, and no one else caught it in the family. Counting our blessings.

Anyway, all that to say, now that I feel better, I'm getting back on track. I already feel stronger in my legs. Good thing, 'cause Joaquin is getting lots heavier and carrying him requires all the strength I can muster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.