My Christmas Habit

Saturday, January 01, 2011




Well, hello blog.
I've been away a long time.

It has been a very busy but very lovely holiday season.
This year, I decided that I would attempt to make all our gifts to our family. Hence, my absence from my blog. I wasn't quite successful in making them all, but did manage to make them for all of my husband's family. I ended up making seven pairs of slippers and two hats. Seven pairs of slippers equal to fourteen items, plus two hats... I knitted sixteen things - in about a period of a month and a half. Plus, about 70-odd cookies (gingerbread and shortbread and some other goodies).

You should see my hands.

Making things for Christmas made the holiday season take on a whole new tone for me. It's funny... it's like it slowed everything down. It invited stillness into the upcoming, big event, that is Christmastime.

Now, it's the new year...
I am looking forward to continuing to make things for my family (and friends). It's a nice habit to have, I think. It takes me away from my computer-life, too much information and busyness. I am looking forward to attempting my first sweater.

This might mean that my blog is going to be even more abandoned than ever. I guess we'll have to see.

1 comment:

  1. Those slippers are completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.