I'm gonna publish myself!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010



Making a book!

I have been wanting to put a photobook together for a while now. Ever since Blurb books were advertising on Flickr a while back (uh, maybe 2008?). Me, being a little bit high-performance, I have been procrastinating on this little dream of mine: What look should I go with? I don't have enough photos that are good enough! etc., have really made it nearly impossible. Especially if I'm gonna pay for something, it better look good enough to sell!

Well, the perfect opportunity came: Picaboo, another company who does these photobooks, have an offer for free books up to a $39 value for all new customers. All you have to do is enter "FALLBK" when you check out your order on their website. The offer is good until October 25 at 11:59 Pacific Standard Time.

This situation is perfect for me. No longer is there pressure to make the perfect book since it's free, ANNNNND there is a deadline!

So, I've decided that I'm going to do up my recent visit to Germany. I'm up to page 9 in my book. I was thinking that I'd like to do a 40 page book since that didn't sound like a lot to me...but now that I've gotten started I think that 15 will do.

1 comment:

  1. Phill Taylor20/10/10 07:41

    Thanks for posting this offer...having done a "Blurb" book before, I may just do it too...can't beat "free!"

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.