Final Stretch

Monday, March 15, 2010

It's funny... I was at church this morning, which is not the service that we usually attend. We usually attend the Saturday night service due to hubby's schedule although most of the friends I grew up with are all at Sunday morning. Anyway, so I see a good chunk of them and all of them were convinced that I was WAY past my due date. And we figured it was because I had posted on FB that I was full-term. Full term, for those who don't know, is considered when the mother has carried the baby to 37 weeks. Due dates are calculated at 40 weeks. So this 37 to 40 window is when it's "normal" to expect the baby to come out and play.

So, I have been full-term since Saturday, March 6. And since then I've been a bit nervous..."Could it be today? Tomorrow...?" The first time around, I was naturally much more naive and had assumed that I'd hit my due date or go over, especially since most first time pregnancies are late. Nope, not Sofia. She thought it sounded far too exciting outside.

This week is my final week of work. I then take one week off of vacation and then my due date hits (Saturday, March 27). I am hoping that we can make it until Thursday - my last day. I would love to just leave work left in a nice, neat little package for whoever is (or, all of those people who are) taking over for me. Last time was no where near prepared. Sofia had arrived 16 days early, and the to-do list was VERY long. If I can make it until Thursday, I have a very good shot of actually getting everything done that I need to get done.

I'm feeling pretty good. Can't complain. The aches that I was feeling a couple of weeks ago kinda disappeared. I am feeling less tired. Apparently these are some of the symptoms that labour is close. Well, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.