On being over-extended

Friday, July 03, 2009

I have never juggled more major things in my life, all at one time. Professionally AND personally. The good thing is that I am not stressed. The bad thing is that I kinda don’t feel on top of all of them. I tend to be a one-project-at-a-time kind of girl. Especially if one of those projects happens to be house-hunting.

Yes, I am looking to buy my first home.

I did not realize how stinkin’ expensive my desired location is. All around where I have lived MY ENTIRE LIFE sit $700,000 to $1.2 million dollar homes. I still hope that there is one house that is within reach. It’s also crazy how many details go into purchasing a home - all the applications, the paperwork, the questions, the research, the traveling, the snooping in people’s homes... It’s fun, but I think a big part of that is having a great agent. If I have any advice to give based on my very EXTENSIVE experience (i.e., less than a week), get an agent that you feel that you will want to hang out with because you will be on the phone with them every day, you will spend entire afternoons with them, and you’re going to have to feel that you can be very honest with this person, also. I have a great agent - he makes this ridiculously fun.

Okay, I am going to sleep now - ‘cause Gonz and I realized that was do not go to bed early very well. He wakes at 6 am every day - 12:30 am is not a good time to start going to bed. I have the day off tomorrow - which actually just means it’s a day to get everything outside of my day job done, so I should turn in too.

Nice to check in. I hope to be back soon.

6 comments:

  1. oh kathy, that is SO exciting! and also stressful at the same time. Glad to hear you have an awesome agent who makes you laugh!! :) I remember how stressful it was last year around this time with closing the house, etc. Good luck! which area are you looking to buy around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - this is so exciting. I hope you guys find a home to settle in and feel like you're in the perfect area.
    Love you lots still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. big decisions big decisions. wow i can't believe that a house in that area costs that much!!! hope you find something just right for you and your growing family. it is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah! I love looking up listings, I think it's because of work :)
    But I found some houses that are nice right in your area and there are some between $350,000 and $450,000. There is hope!

    My area has that crazy range too. Like a 3 minute drive from me there are 4 million dollar homes on the Bluffs etc. Then there's $350,000 ones. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may know this agent ... and maybe even what you guys look like ON TV!!

    So bizarro to catch you on the 11 o'clock news. All the best K-star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahah this awesome, so quick, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.