Farewell Jonathan

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Today, as a staff, we said farewell to Pastor Jonathan. He has been with us since 2000 and led APC in the capacity of Director of Outreach and Toronto Community Churches. He has had a big influence on my life. At 21, a mere child, I came on to the staff full time with no real boss to report to, since I really serve all the ministries at the church, he became my big brother - my protector. He saw me through many tears. Including personal ones, like when I found out a friend of mine from high school had committed suicide. He was always there to encourage and pray. Also, since I have no real formal training as a graphic designer, videographer, or anything else that I do now, he really gave me confidence and direction when I needed it.

So, I feel like his departure is also a new chapter for me: I am now an adult. I have a few things under my belt. Although I still have a lot of things to learn. Many of the early years were trial by fire for me, and I have made it because of people like him who really saw me through.

3 comments:

  1. this is so sad but exciting, im excited for him to embark on his new calling and at the same time it feels as if there will be a void left at apc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i know...with every pastor who leaves, there is someone new who is awesome to meet. it's hard to say, but i just have to believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking of Jonathan myself yesterday. He'll certainly be missed by many including me even though I've been gone so long... He has awesome vision and a drive like noone I have ever met. Sad indeed, but you're right Kathy, God will provide someone new... someone to teach you new things... I have found that in every job I've been in. And, as we get older, we become that someone to help a younger person along. God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.