Whoa, Easter!

Thursday, April 02, 2009

I did start to write a post on March 22 to report on how awesome a visit to meet up with my high school friend and get a tour of the AGO was. But then my work-life took over again.

Easter prep is taking over my life.

See, the thing is, I work at a church, right? So, of course, I’ll be doing lots of Easter preparation. I am also a wife, right? I love to help my husband with whatever he is involved with. UNFORTUNATELY, right now, he’s heavily involved with the Easter presentation at the church that I work at. Therefore, once I stop working at my job, I am working with my husband who makes me return to my job basically. Morning ‘til night: Easter, Easter, Easter, Easter...

To be honest, I feel backed up against the wall. I care about this presentation that we’re putting on A LOT. So I want to do all that I can to make sure this thing gets pulled off right. But, I think that I’m overloaded by at least 25%. (Please do not ask how I quantified the emotional stress.)

It doesn’t need to be all that bad. I am realizing my limits - which is definitely a theme of my last year, while in maternity leave. Kathy. Just back away.

2 comments:

  1. Should you find yourself overwhelmed to the point of quantifying stress, please follow these six simple steps:

    Step 1: Back away slowly.
    Step 2: Make steady eye contact with the stress.
    Step 3: Extend index finger toward object of stress, simultaneously pointing thumb upwards.
    Step 4: Glare at the object of stress.
    Step 5: Softly mouth the words 'Pow! Pow!' and witness the power level of the aforementioned object of stress decreasing with each successive 'shot'.
    Step 6: Blow lightly across the tip of index finger with all the confidence of one who has just shot stress in the face.

    For more great stress-reducing tips, write to Bla Bla Bla, I Have An Overactive Imagination at PO box 3591 San Fransisco, CAndyland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree you need a 50mm. low light, no flash, instant favorite portraits of all time!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.