What I am up to...

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I do not know where the days go. I guess it just got a whole bunch busier now that my husband is finally back at work after a medical leave of about two and half months. In case you don’t know, he was off due to a back problem that we discovered that is chronic. Since going back to work it has bugged him on and off, but for the most part, we are thankful that it is under control. The best part is that the people at work are being so understanding and helping him return to work by giving him the light duties (like cooking) just so he can be back at work. So many of his co-workers were telling him about how other co-workers are so happy for him to be back and stories of how they were sad while he was away and were so excited when they heard he was coming back. He really does have some awesome friends at work and I’m glad that the time away has caused him to see that.

I am excited. Tomorrow night, Gonzo and I have a date night! Sofia will be sleeping over and Gwa-Kong’s and Gwa-Ma’s and we’re going to go see The Watchmen! I know NOTHING about the movie, but Gonzo knows pretty much everything about it. Which is the way we like to go see the movie. Imagine my disbelief when I saw The Matrix (the first one) knowing nothing about it. I now try to see movies without knowing anything about them so I can recreate that feeling. :-)

Work is going pretty well. I am plugging along and getting some major projects done fast; like, getting a 5,000 piece maildrop, two 10,000 piece invitations, and another 21,000 piece maildrop (in Chinese!) done in a matter of three days - in amongst my regular tasks. Here is some of what I did:









Another reason why life seems to be picking up is because Easter is coming up, fast and soon. When you work at a church, Easter is the high point in the whole year. It's important to remember while I and my co-workers work at making this special time in the Christian calendar meaningful for all of those who attend, I have to remember to hang back, mentally, and not allow myself to get carried away with all of these preparation so that I lose out on the meaning for myself.

1 comment:

  1. These look so great Kathy!
    I'm glad you search for the balances in life and don't get too heavy on one side or the other.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.