15 months

Thursday, March 12, 2009




This last couple of weeks has really been marked with development in understanding everything I say. And the best part is, everything I say in CHINESE. (But also English, lest her father be left out of the whole equation). It’s been a lot of fun to see how she is leaving baby-ness behind...although a little sad too.


  1. Sofia has finally decided that she’d join the rest of the world and try walking. She’s walking a good five to six feet now at a time. I am seeing her crawl less and less every day.

  2. This past month she hasn’t been feeling very well. Her appetite went way down - gagging at most meals, and vomiting at a good number of them. We couldn’t figure it out. We adjusted the texture of the food from chunky to all the way down to soup, trying everything in between. Nothing helped. And then on top of that, she had a touch of food poisoning last week - I woke up to find her sleeping in her barf, and in a soiled diaper. Almost nothing sadder. On Monday, though, she woke up hungry and hasn’t stopped eating since. Glad that is ALL over. When I think back, the last time she was fine was before The Ramen Incident. A long, long time ago.

  3. She can help with preparing her milk: she sits and watches me pour the milk into the bottle, I hand her the water vial to put into the bottle warmer, she takes the bottle puts it into the bottle warmer, and pushes the button.

  4. Sofia no longer throws something she doesn’t want anymore. She actually hands it to me. This brings joy to my heart.

  5. Sofia’s vocabulary now consists of, “Daddy”, “beh-beh”, and “Diow loh”. No “mommy” yet. Lots of gibberish.

  6. Sofia understands a lot more, of course, than she can say. Yesterday I gave her instructions to help me put away the groceries. I sat her on our kitchen counter, and had her help me put away the oranges into the fruit bowl. She took them one by one and put them in the bowl. The funny thing is that when there wasn’t any more room to be at the bottom of the bowl, it stressed her out for her to stack them on top of the other ones.

  7. Sofia clasps her hands to ask me to pray before every meal.

  8. When she happy, she kisses us a lot. And also when she’s going down to sleep.


Because of the food bit, this month has been stressful. But the developments over this last week has completely overshadowed it. Her personality is totally shining now and it’s fascinating to watch all this happen inside that head of hers. Now, what I am really looking forward to is not having to carry around a 23 pound (and increasing!) kid anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.