A significant milestone

Friday, February 06, 2009

With Sofia, there have been a few things that I have been looking forward to her being able to do since she was born. One would be playing with her feet, and another would be her saying “Mommy” or “Daddy”. She hit another one of those again today: Sofia is now able to stand on her own.

Gonzo and I were sitting having lunch. Sofia had already had her lunch so she was down on the floor playing on her own. She was in the kitchen standing in front of the toaster, looking at her own reflection and there, I caught her standing on her own! And she just kept standing! She was looking down at her sweater, and had both hands busy picking at the buttons. I whispered to Gonzo, “Look! Look!” We were trying to not attract any of her attention to see how long she would stand there for. She probably stood for something like 15 to 20 seconds.

I tried to take a picture, but didn’t work out. However, she probably stood something like four times today, so I am sure I will be able to catch it in the near future.

Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Teehee!
    Love these kind of moments. I remember Family Day last year is when Joey started walking - and we all had our freak out moment of "HE'S WALKING!!!"

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.