Can't Break a Promise

Monday, February 02, 2009

I’ll admit, over the last couple of weeks I haven't been doing too well with waking early. I was waking at 7:30 am, which is definitely early for my “old” life, but certainly not early enough for my “new” life. I was back to revving myself up to wake early as I went to sleep, only to wake up rationalizing why I could snooze my alarm for the fifth time in a row.

Last night, I started talking myself into waking early again. But I knew I had to change it up to actually make it happen. I took a big sticky note and wrote the following:



I’m not really into breaking my word, so I basically muscled myself into waking early. I am just not rational during the space between being horizontal and to the end of the three foot path that is my alarm clock. The bright sticky note covered my snooze button at the bottom of the alarm clock, so I definitely couldn’t miss it.

Hopefully it works tomorrow.
Hopefully my morning-person doesn’t demand a new sticky note.

1 comment:

  1. oh how I can sympathize!
    stupid waking up.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.