Frauded

Sunday, January 25, 2009

I was just checking my balance online just now and discovered that apparently I had withdrawn $500 from my account yesterday. I thought to myself, “Really? I don’t remember doing that...” I NEVER TAKE OUT THAT MUCH CASH OUT. My heart sank and hit my stomach, rock bottom. My legs feel weak... and I’m sitting down. I can’t believe that this is happening...

I called the bank immediately and reported that my card was stolen... at least it was virtually. They’ve cancelled my card and assured me that I’ll have my money reimbursed to me within 5 to 10 business days, or if it’s something that they’ve already figured out that has happened to many other people, they’ll reimburse me directly to my account sooner.

I have just such a sick feeling in my stomach. The good thing is that there are good systems set up by banks and credit card companies, that when these kinds of things happen, their clients are protected. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be in business....right?

Still, it’s that 1% chance that I won’t be getting my money back that makes me feel horribly sad. Or...wait - no, it’s not it that makes me sad; it makes me sad that another human being would take something from me. I earned that money. I worked hard for that money - waking early and sleeping late, caring for my daughter, caring for my husband who is on sick-leave from work. I feel a bit stretched.

Well, I’m finding out who I am when the pressure is on. That is for sure.

2 comments:

  1. i am so sorry this happened, my friend. it's crazy how much easier it is to trust when there's nothing {or no one} lurking out there. praying that your trust muscle will be strengthened as you wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey suzi - i appreciate your prayers. i'm definitely in a stretching spot right now, and i'm trying to maintain perspective. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.