Excitement grows!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tonight I hung out with my parents while Gonz was at work and we were searching flickr for photos of the area that we're going to be visiting, our resort and some attractions. My parents are already so happy with the resort that I booked. It's kinda crazy that during low season you can book the best resort you can find (5 star) for about $100 more. It ended up being about $50 more than our budgeted price, but we figured to just go ahead and spend $50 and be extremely happy, versus wishing that we did and find our resort lacking.

While we were looking at all the photos my dad just kept saying how happy he was that the resort had this or that, like the lazy river, because it would be fun to enjoy it with Sofia. My mother keeps saying to Sofia that "We're going to have so much fun together - then mommy and daddy can go and enjoy themselves." I keep telling my mother I don't want it to be like that! This is a family vacation! She's not coming along to be the nanny! I know that she will enjoy it anyway, but she's already making me feel badly!

My underwater housing arrived from TigerDirect yesterday and I am so excited! My sisters and I LOVE taking photos underwater but I hate those disposable cameras that cost like $20 and take crappy shots. With this underwater housing I can actually even take video if I want to! I'll let you know how it is. I got the Dicapac (WP110) for my Canon SD1100 for about $60 with taxes and shipping. Yeah, that seems steep, but when you compare it to the official Canon one which is $200...

I'm making my extensive lists of all that we have to pack. I don't really care if I forget something for myself, but it's the stuff that I have to bring for Sofia that I am worried about forgetting. But I have to keep reminding myself that children are resilient and they won't notice if you forget something - just don't forget the diapers and the wipes! They could wear the same thing all week and they wouldn't notice... (don't worry, I wouldn't do THAT).

One week away.
At the beach.
Snorkeling, snorkeling, snorkeling.
No cooking.
No cleaning.
No grocery shopping.
With my family.

This is going to be refreshing.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy - I'm so happy that your able to get away with your family. This is special, and I just know that your all going to have a blast :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.