Struggling with Sleep

Friday, August 15, 2008

I think that my weakest area of self-control is sleeping. AND waking. When I am awake I do not want to sleep. And when I am sleeping I do not want to wake. I was bad before I became a mother. I was bad while I was becoming a mother. I am WORSE now that I am a mother.

The thing I hate the most about it is that it really impacts my productivity for that day. I can't check as many things off my list as I'd like to. And now that I'm a mother, there are things that I do HAVE to get done (i.e., stuff for work), but if I don't wake early and accomplish it while my baby is sleeping, that means I have to ignore her for significant parts of the day while she is awake. This is where the guilt lies.

Here's to tomorrow and trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.