Kaye + Brian

Sunday, July 13, 2008



Today, Brian and Kaye got married! They dated for like 10 years until they got engaged in January. It was a long time coming... but the right time is different for everyone and for them, now was the right time.

It was a wonderful wedding. It was out at a winery that overlooked a lake (sorry, don't know which one, but one of the Finger Lakes in New York State). The wedding was supposed to take place outside but seriously, the rain that came down was insane. It rained and rained and rained and rained. So, they had the ceremony where the reception was and we just sat at our tables. Still worked out awesome.

It was probably the smallest wedding I have been to of any of my cousins - which was REFRESHING. :-) You've gotta understand, my family is so big that I am meeting new members all the time. Tonight I sat across my father's cousin's daughter and I didn't even know it. My uncle (my dad's brother) comes over and starts talking to her, "Were you born here or in the Philippines... oh, then you don't know me... Your mother and I are cousins." I am like, WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? I turn to her and say, "Oh, so I guess we're related too!" Then for the rest of the night we were introducing each other to family members we didn't know. Just so you can imagine what the scale is like: her mother has 7 sisters and 2 brothers. My father had 5 brothers and 3 sisters. But don't ask me how many children my great grandparents had, 'cause I haven't a clue. Gonzo says tonight, "Your family is officially too big." The thing is he already had said that - the last time was when we went to a wedding we were invited to and we didn't know whether we were related to the bride or the groom...

So, back to the wedding. It was lovely. Both Kaye and Brian have some really great friends which really showed when they were giving teary-eyed tributes and toasts. My slideshow came off well... Brian's mother went walking around asking, "Where's Kathy? Are you Kathy?" and then finally found me to tell me how much she enjoyed it and requested a copy. Well, that just makes me smile. AND the twitch in my eye and cheek are gone.

I love weddings. I am looking forward to getting know Kaye's husband better and seeing their new life unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.