Dark Clouds

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Awesome storm clouds

Today, at around noon, I was working on the bulletin for work and I noticed that my livingroom was a bit dark. I looked outside and saw the heaviest dark clouds I have ever seen in recent memory. They were also moving kinda fast (I guess because they were so low, it seemed that way). Then a few moments later the rain really started coming down and you couldn't see anything. I was very grateful to be inside.

Tonight, at around 9:30, Gonzo received a phone call that another family may be very sick. His fever is not coming down due to a very serious infection. He has been prescribed antibiotics. The scary thing about this is that it is a pain that he has been dealing with to various degrees for a couple of years. His doctor said it was nothing. I think that the routine tests they did yielded no results. However, now it looks pretty serious. However, worries are darkest at night. We're praying for a break in the fever and that the antibiotics will do their thing.

Unlike the rain, we can't avoid the hard parts of life by staying inside. I can't hope to escape trouble or pain. What life serves us, we must deal with. I know it's hard to stare it in the face. But I also know that we are not alone in our struggles, "Trust in him at all times... pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge" (Psalm 62:8).

2 comments:

  1. Nice Picture.
    I have troubles looking my troubles in the eye. i get all socially retarded, and walk past them in a tight hall way with out making eye contact. trouble wont last though right? now i am quoting R&B songs to your Bible verse but not on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Unlike the rain, we can't avoid the hard parts of life by staying inside." oh, but that we could... but it's a sad trade off for never growing beyond where we are. thanx for the reminder. BTW, sweet pic!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.