Nightmare

Monday, April 28, 2008

Last night, Gonzo woke up and then I woke up to loud thuds happening in the middle of the night. Sounded like a huge object hitting concrete. Sometimes it would cause our walls to shake a little. This started at 2:45am, and continued on to the morning. My poor husband couldn't sleep. Being the curious guy that he is, he went up to check if the roof door was closed. Check. He came back and couldn't sit still - he went downstairs to see if the swing stages that were set up to do some repairs on the outside of our building were causing the noises. Nope. We went back to bed. I fell back asleep. He didn't.

While I was asleep, I had a horrible nightmare. I dreamt that Gonzo, Sofia and I were at some kind of Plaza. Seemed like the Peanut Plaza, but they also had some kind of childcare available there. As we were shopping, I turned to Gonzo and noticed that Sofia wasn't with us. We had her sitting in a shopping cart, and we were no longer pushing it. It was one of those situations where I thought he was pushing it, and he thought I was pushing it. I ran to retrace our steps and I found our shopping cart, sans Sofia - only her chupete left where she was sitting. I ran through the plaza hysterical, calling her name. I ran down to the childcare and asked frantically if they had seen her. Negative. The only thing that kept running through my head is that I've lost her forever as my heart sank deeper than I could ever imagine.

Then Gonzo woke me up looking for her chupete 'cause Sofia was sleeping in bed with us and started fussing. I have never been more happy to be woken up in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

  1. so did you ever discover what was making the noise in the first place? sorry you had a nightmare. sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I second daine's question...you can't leave us hanging, Kath! :) Ahhh...the joys of parenting nightmares.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.