Music

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Playing right now is my current favourite song:
This is actually by Jack Johnson off the Curious George soundtrack.
free music



A couple of new finds that I have to pick up soon are:

  • Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone
  • "The Fountain" Motion Picture Soundtrack


  • I find that great new music is so hard to find. I find myself disappointed more and more lately. I work up a big hope that it's going to be my new favourite album, only to find myself bored after about 5 listens. I am the kind of person that runs an album into the ground. And so I guess that's a pretty hard test to pass: I'm always looking for that album that I can listen to endlessly without getting sick of. My favourite albums have 100+ plays in my iTunes.

    Some favourites are:

  • Peter Gabriel "UP" (Especially the live concert that Jeff "created")
  • Diana Krall, "When I Look Into Your Eyes" before Sofia totally killed it for me
  • Sarah McLachlan, "Fumbling Towards Ecstacy" and "Mirrorball"
  • Seu Jorge + Ana Carolina, "Ana & Jorge Ao Vivo"
  • Sting, "All This Time" and "Mercury Falling"
  • Sarah Harmer, "You Were Here"
  • K-Os, "Atlantis" - this was my workout album
  • Coldplay, "Parachutes"


  • The rest escape me right now.
    Anyhow, if you've got suggestions, make 'em.

    4 comments:

    1. You know what you should look up is the Emmylou Harris album 'wrecking ball' the whole thing is good.
      The New Adele '19' is a good album.
      Elbow's 'seldom seen kid' is good. i have also been ingesting the Black Keys their new stuff has made me go back and dig into some of the old. it is blues music but it kind of got that certain Psychedelic feel to it that makes girls dance at concerts. You might ought to start Sophia on that soon!
      sorry i am a music nerd. Ok ok just nerd, but still..

      ReplyDelete
    2. Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball is produced by Daniel Lanois! Its been on my list of to buy for a while.

      ReplyDelete
    3. For some reason, the two songs I've had on repeat are:

      Feist - "There's A Limit To Your Love"

      Mae - "Tisbury Lane"

      ReplyDelete
    4. Stars - Ageless Beauty

      ReplyDelete

    Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.