Mi Suegra

Monday, April 07, 2008


I have a fabulous mother-in-law. Whenever people or television shows make in-law jokes, I can't relate.
This fall, I will have known her for 10 years. Only a couple of months shorter than I have known my husband. Over the years, we have had our misunderstandings - not necessarily out in the open. But I think that each on our part have worked on our relationship and I really feel that at this point, we're reaping a very sweet friendship indeed.

On Saturday, we had ourselves a great cry-chat and she told me events that she appreciated about me (i.e., like yelling at her one time) that meant a lot to her.

You know how sometimes a story, or a moment, or a feeling can stay with you for a little while. Well, today is Monday and my Saturday's step closer to my mother-in-law hasn't faded. Every time it returns to my mind, I can smile and say I am so grateful for fabulous in-laws.

2 comments:

  1. ah. i love blanca too.
    she and juan are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. you saw her on friday . . . i saw you on saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.