Boosting Creativity!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On Friday, my mother came over to my house to watch Sofia as Gonzo and I went down to the Eaton Centre to pick up our new creative tool:

Friday, February 8

Last year we bought Gonzo his own camera, his own mini-DV deck, and external harddrive. He had Final Cut Pro Production Suite, but couldn't use some of the programs 'cause our G4 didn't have the graphics card for it. Our G4 is still good, but just not great for video, so it was time to let her go. She is 6 years old and still going strong! Anyway, we got the 20" iMac and loaded it up with 4 GBs of RAM (no, we didn't buy the RAM from Apple. This way, we paid a 10th of what we would have). Also, we upgraded to Final Cut Pro Studio 2. Gonz is FLYYYYYIIING.

It feels good to have the right tools to do your art. Right Matt? Right Margaret? Right Christine?
And, on Friday, I get CS3. So excited!

I'm getting into some of the other things in Apple that I didn't before: iChat - anyone using that? Add me. I've signed up for .Mac too. Learning to take advantage of that as well. I'm looking forward to playing with iWeb, too. You can do so much with .Mac that I didn't really realize.

Anyone on .Mac would like to share some highlights that I can discover?

4 comments:

  1. Shhhhhhh.
    Someone is going to break in.

    I'm saving up for a Macbook, whatever the cheaper one is called, and I'm excited. It's going to be my yay-you-got-into-University- gift for myself. Looking forward to sharing the world of Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, i'm drooling over here!
    i'll add to ichat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm i'm about to make some purchases myself - the design premium bundle. i'll let you know what i learn as i do. for now i'm a mac user from a distance, because i can't afford everything myself, i just use the labs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're SO right.
    Its funny how getting something new, even much smaller than a mac can help you get stuff done as well as motivate! Go Jimmies GO! Make your stuff, and make it good!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.