Gummy Bear now is SOFIA

Monday, December 17, 2007


So, my baby wanted to come out to play...EARLY.

Born, Monday, December 10 at 8:08am (instead of December 26).
7 pounds, 7 ounces
She's a girl!

It has been pretty crazy - learned how to change a diaper (yes, my daughter's diaper is the first I have ever changed), boobiefeed, learn to understand a newborn's cries and other random facial expressions (with pretty high accuracy! I'd estimate 78.675% of the time), and learning to wake without an alarm clock to boobiefeed (on average about every 2.5 to 3 hours).

Life, for us, is now upside down. I used to be the pursuer of high efficiency living. Now, I can't complete a task on my to-do list on the same day I come up with it (I wanted to cut my toenails for about 3 days). I used to run my days around meetings and appointments. Now, the only appointments I can manage to keep is feeding Sofia (I forget to eat regularly... yes, that IS bad). I used to live on the computer. Now, I'm afraid to turn it on because I know that will be time away from Sofia.

Today marks Sofia's one week birthday, as well as the best week I've had in my life.

Super update to come.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I almost teared.
    I couldn't be any happier for you.
    I really need to come and see little Sofia, I called on Thursday but you were sleeping.
    I'm so glad you have her for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. boobiefeed... ....?? was that really necessary? But congrats all the way, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to giggle at Matt's comment above! "Boobiefeed" is definitely a new word.

    Hope mom and daughter are doing well. Congrats to ya!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.