Raspberry Banana Smoothie

Monday, July 16, 2007

Okay, several things over the last couple of weeks have made me exclaim, "WHY THE HECK HAVE WE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE?" Like, bought Delissio frozen pizzas (mmm!) and tried REAL mexican food (shhh! Gonzo LOOOOVEEESSS it).

And today, yet again.
For the first time ever, I have made a smoothie!

Trying to keep stuff lower calorie, and more importantly, low-sugar for me, my baby, and my husband, smoothies are a really GOOD dessert. Sure, they might not be the healthiest thing on earth, but with the way I made it, it's almost a health drink!

Here's what I did -
In my hand blender thing-thing, I put:

  • 1 1/4 cups of raspberries
  • 1 super ripe banana
  • 2/3 cup of orange juice
  • 175 ml (a yogurt cup) of plain yogurt

  • After blending the above, I tasted it and deemed it a bit too sour for Gonz (i.e., not sweet enough), and so instead of adding straight sugar, I pulled out some half-year old ice cream (which I am super-surprised that it wasn't super-freezer burnt) and just scooped out the vanilla portion (it was neopolitan). It only amounted to perhaps a 2/3 cup. Blended that, and it was perfect - sweeter (just a bit) and creamier.

    Mmmm.

    So, that was our post-gym treat.
    Hopefully it didn't undo all that we did there.

    1 comment:

    1. That sounds wonderfully delicious!

      ReplyDelete

    Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.