I don't know how it works

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Been thinking about wisdom for the last little while with my readings in the Bible being in Proverbs and also in Genesis. Knowing Right from Wrong and being able to choose Right is not something that we were to be ever capable of. God took the tree of life away from us once the Fall happened - by His grace. He knew what a total mess we'd make of our lives as He respected our free will and then have to live for eternity with all the consequences of all our mistakes. Ugh. And then a thousand or so years later King Solomon writes about wisdom in Proverbs. This idea of foreseeing the outcomes of our choices, predicting reactions as we interact with others, the navigating of one's way throug life's complicated weavings of situations, choices and other variables. All of this - straight from God. Being able to know and choose right is nothing short of God-given.

Now, looking back, I can see so many times where I was faced with a fork-in-the-road, to use an overused cliche. And in looking back I feel like I would have chosen the wrong path - but somehow in God's protective care He removed the wrong choice as a possibility from me. Whether that be through the hawk's eye watch of my parents, the gypsy heart of a potential lover, or the the chance of circumstances just simply not falling in my supposed favour, but then all turning out for the better. I guess it sounds contradictory - God respecting my free will, yet taking away choices... but I think that it's the general disposition towards God. Just wanting to please Him, and He cares for us - even if it means make us feel disappointed when a crush rejects us, because it's only momentary. The greater good for you is in mind. How it all works out is really a mystery.

This is really hard to explain, but I guess what I am trying to say is that I'm really grateful to God for all that He's brought me through, and around. And for parents that prayed for me.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him..."
- Romans 8:27

1 comment:

  1. Hey K. Thats awesome thoughts. It totally makes sense. That was cool.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.