Important Blogging

Friday, February 23, 2007

rubysohoadventures.blogspot.com

I've been reading this blog by Aaryn (she's white), an american journalist-type book-addict adoptive mother of a little black girl who is strongly opinionated, passionate and emotional, making for interesting reading. Her life is supremely different from my own, and her interests sharply contrast mine. I don't agree with all her opinions, but I figure what use is it to always expose yourself to something you fully agree with? She's expanded my own understanding in some issues, and made me consider to think through some more things more fully.

the last article i commented on was a quote that she posted from a woman who was responding to an article she wrote that was published in a magazine. it was about an incident in black history that is one of the most horrific thing that i've ever read/known about. a sentence in the woman's hate letter: "what did he expect?" i couldn't believe it.

you can read the blog here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that Kathy. The article was hard to read but it was very good. I will be adding Ruby to my list of blogs to read. She has great pics. too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.