Vonage Review #2

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I just got the most fantastic customer support rep on Vonage. She immediately knew what was wrong. Actually she is so good that she completely erased the negative merits that the other two won in my heart. Crazy though - I received my last misplaced call from a woman trying to call Italy this morning at 6am. Ugh.

Yeah, when that last woman called, I answered, "GOOOOOOD MORNING! (so she wouldn't hang up on me) Sorry, I've had 5 misplaced calls, and I'm just wondering what number you're trying to reach." Thank God she told me. I was like, OH MAN, please tell me I'm not going to have phone calls waking me for the next 4 weeks. Gonzo couldn't go to sleep for like an hour or more after the 3am call. So, what was happening was when you sign up for Vonage, you get assigned a 'virtual number' - a temporary number that you can use while your regular landline is being transferred. Well, they forgot to cancel the virtual number when the transfer of my phone number was completed, and so people were calling that virtual number and I was receiving calls on that number also. It's over, and Vonage is officially grand.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous25/2/07 00:25

    Good post.

    I was surfing the net, the other day, for a cheap and reliable internet phone service (Voip) and came across one that is cheaper than Vonage and just as good.

    Anyone interested can check them out at Via Talk .

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.