Full, full day

Saturday, December 09, 2006

I had such a good, full day today. What was better was that cleaning had nothing to do with today. Oh, I love a clean house, but I hate the process. And Gonz and I aren't very neat people. Two people with loopy artsy brains - doesn't really show up on organized desks.

Anyway, today, I made a powerpoint presentation upon waking (and eating two toasts with blackberry jam...mmm...), and then typed up that wall text for Click. All the while, trying to maintain my wits about me 'cause I was going to be leading worship tonight at SNG (our Saturday Night service). I haven't lead worship in a long time, and for me, if I am 'out of practice' with something, I work myself up being soooo nervous. It's a weird thing about me - I focus on the fact that I haven't done it in a long time, instead of thinking of all the times I HAVE led worship. During my college years, I led almost every single week there was a youth night. That's at least 30 weeks out of the year. And trust me, the crowd tends to be harder there. Tonight was fun. Playing music with people you're always used to playing with is so great. So comfortable. Matt said it was fun because I trust everyone I'm with - and that's the thing, how can I not trust everyone around me who is a better musician than I am? I just basically have them there so I can sing along with whatever they're doing. Honestly. During rehearsal I'm all up to whatever they suggest - but I'll step up to the plate to lead once the service start. Of course, someone has to.

It looks like we're going to be having much more of hand in directing SNG worship in the coming months. It's going to be a bit different than the way that we've been doing it - we're going to work with what has been working, and try to develop some of the parts that have been kind of lagging. I'm looking forward to it. It's weird, 'cause all this week I was thinking about when I was going to talk to Jonathan about making myself more available to lead worship and help that way. Then we had this meeting tonight to help plan the Christmas service which then just turned into an SNG worship organizational discussion.

Oh - looks like it has been decided that Margaret and I (and other people who will have to be involved to make this work) will perform "what child is this" Sarah McLachlan style... i'm excited.

Blah, blah, blah - anyway, got to see all the busy school people now that most of them are done. Good to see old friends again. Life carries us all on different ways, and sometimes away from each other. I don't like that part so much. But I guess just as long as when we get back together we can carry on as time had not passed, I'm okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. and soon you're going to have to see me more than you will know what to do with.

    hehe

    and tell me, do you know the definition of "tiffyhm". i'd love to know. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.