great sunny day

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I had such a nice day with my husband today. After doing a little bit of cleaning of the house ('cause we're really behind in housework... but isn't that always the story?), we went to get a little bit of lunch at Subway, then off to the community pool. Pleasantview. It's free! The pool is kinda small but it's so close to our house, and it's just nice to be able to cool off with some people in the neighbourhood. I'm always excited about a chance to go to the pool. I possess a childhood-type excitement about the pool. I don't know why. I guess because we've never owned one, and I just never grew out of it.

After that, we popped over to our neighbours to arrange a time to see a movie tomorrow - Cars! We ended up with a good hour-long chat. Was good to get some new people. Unfortunately, they're moving out at the end of the month. Bummer. Hopefully we'll start a good new friendship that we transcend the move. Yeah - I'm hopeful.

Tonight we had dinner with the family - Margaret came home. Was good to see her after a week of not seeing her or hearing from her. She got a new guitar! That's awesome. I'm so glad, 'cause I was tired of her rattle-y, out of tune guitar every SNG. Yeah!

Tomorrow is the World Cup FINAL FINAL - FRANCE vs. ITALY. Maybe I'll go shopping at Oshawa Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.