First swim of the season!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

With an impromptu party at the Thompson's I have finally gotten to go swimming for the first time this year. Ohhh it feels good. I have to get my butt in gear and get down to Douglas Snow and become a spectacular swimmer that can do 50 laps in a row... yeah, I'd be happy to be able to do 10 right now...

It was nice. Gonzo invited Ben and Melody over for dinner at our house tonight, which ended up turning into us bringing the meat over to the Thompsons where we hung out with the Thompsons (minus Paula...) and Cynthia, Sinclair and Tony. That kid... Anyway, the shiskabobs turned out spectacular (key:bacon). When Gonzo saw how much meat I brought over (not very much) he was worried. Melody convinced me to cut them up in half and voila there were suddenly at least 12 skewers that magically appeared. Hefty ones too! Not enough bacon however...

I got a few mosquito bites. First of the season as well.

I had a semi-brutal day. So hot in the apartment... I did laundry, did some chores, sorted through some financial stuff, downloaded new software to help me manage our financial life, took a 3 hour nap. I'm not sure which weekend I prefer: the weekend that Gonzo works mornings, or the weekend Gonzo works night. Both blow, I guess.

Anyway, the evening worked out spectacular... although I haven't a clue as to where my parents went. We usually go over every Saturday night, but I called home and no one answered. My parents - they've come out of their cocoons and now are spectacular social butterflies that cannot be tied down. It's good though. For so long their lives were ALL about us (which I appreciate a whole ton), but now they're finding other people to touch and reach out to. They're in a good spot in their lives to do that.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'd like to exercise tomorrow. And...
- clean up in time for Father's Day dinner tomorrow night
- clean the bathroom
- tidy the kitchen
- decide what to cook and then shop for dinner

Hopefully Margaret is planning on picking me up otherwise I haven't a clue as to how we're gonna get the food...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment.